How we can help
UK tax law is some of the most complicated tax law in the world. There is a large amount of legislation and a few not well known or obscure rules that can sometimes catch individuals off-guard. We at RFBS can help you to navigate these rules to ensure your annual returns are correct.
Our self-assessment service is designed to support individuals that regularly file personal annual returns or meet the requirements to do so. We shall complete this service, assisting you with all areas of personal tax, ensuring you claim the correct allowances and completing this in a timely and efficient manner to ensure you only pay the correct tax.
As with all tax submissions, there is always the very small possibility of a tax investigation. Tax investigations can often worry individuals, even if they have done nothing wrong. Most of the time, these investigations are random with nothing to be concerned about. However, we can offer support during this process to help deal with this matter efficiently, correctly and allow you to focus on the more pleasant things in life.
Self-assessment can apply to a wide range of individuals with varying circumstances. These are:
- Self-employed people – sole traders, partners and those operating under the CIS scheme
- Company directors
- Individuals with complex tax affairs including those higher and additional rate tax payers
- Pensioners with complex tax affairs or multiple incomes not fully relieved at source
- Landlords or property owners who receive rent or letting income from land and property in the UK
- Trustees, signatories & personal representatives
- Non-resident citizens in another country or overseas persons with a UK income
- Anyone with a dual tax arrangement between the UK and an overseas government
- Shareholders in receipt of UK or overseas dividends taxable in the UK
Our help and advice can include
- Ensuring all tax allowances and deductions are claimed
- Handling all filing, paperwork and submission elements of the return
- Handling international transactions where there are multiple and different rate taxes in different jurisdictions
- Offering a prompt service to give you the most time to settle any tax liabilities
- Specialist tax knowledge in helping to minimise or in the very best of cases, mitigating any tax liability
- Specialist tax knowledge to handle even the most obscurest of tax rules
- Support and advice for complex tax affairs for future returns